10 November 2009

I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas


I've been tossing around some ideas for new Christmas flavors for a while now. Last month, I did a "science experiment" with my son's English class - they were learning about taste buds - where I brought in 5 flavors of cupcakes, all of which were white, to see if they could determine the flavors by taste alone. (This was a really fun afternoon for both the kids and myself!). In any case, one of the buttercreams I made for the event was peppermint and I just loved its refreshing coolness and luscious creaminess. It was tops on my list for a Christmas cupcake.



Yesterday, I baked 3 batches of potential cupcake flavors for Christmas and brought them round to an international panel of experienced, world-renowned taste testers for their reactions. Okay, okay, it was the quarterly meeting of MESSAGE's Executive Committee for which I handle PR but I digresss... The first cupcake was Some Like It Hot: a Devils Food Cupcake with Spicy Hot Chocolate Buttercream. This one got high marks for its hot after-kick which comes from the cayenne pepper and cinnamon mixed in the buttercream.



A Traditional German Chocolate which I didn't really care for - a Chocolate Cupcake with Pecan/Coconut Boiled Frosting - but got the thumbs up from my Dutch friend.



And the aforementioned cupcake which needs a name. It was the clear winner among last night's judges. It's a White Chocolate Chunk Cupcake with a Cool Peppermint Buttercream. Go to my Facebook page, leave a name suggestion, and if I pick yours, you'll win 1 dozen of these cupcakes for the holidays.



The contest is open to anyone anywhere but you do need to come and pick them up in Paris 75017. The contest is open until November 30 and remember, I do love me some pop cultural references such as lines/titles from music, TV and film. Feel free to enter as many names as you want. Good luck and Happy Naming!

PS In case you are not on Facebook, send me an email at info@littlemisscupcake.fr with the word "mint" in the subject field.

2 comments: