29 August 2010

Turn and Face the Strange Ch-ch-changes



It's hard to believe that at this time least year, I was in NY attending my best friend from childhood's wedding (a big congratulations to J & M who are celebrating their first anniversary!). It doesn't feel like it was so long ago and yet so much seems to have changed over the past year.

Here in France, the back-to-school period, better known as la rentree, is viewed akin to New Year's Day, it's a time of rebirth and new beginnings. And we'll be marking this rentree with lots of changes -- on a personal level, I'll be sending my youngest off to school; on a professional level, I am getting ready to unveil a new look and a new name. As many of you are aware, this past year has been filled with many challenges and frustrations due to the CopyCat cupcakery yet I am happy to say that I will soon be closing that chapter of my life. More on that later....




In writing this post, I looked into familiar quotes about change. This one from Helen Keller particularly resonated with me: When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us.



For all of you caught up in the changes (happy or sad) this rentree brings, I wish you courage! On a final note, the pictures in this post today feature the cake and cupcakes I prepared for a wedding (a big life change!) in Normandie this weekend. Wishing the happy couple the best of luck as they embark on their new life together.

1 comment:

  1. You're good at what you do and a name is just a name!!! A name can be taken from you, but the knowledge and talent are yours and yours only.

    I wish you the best and can't wait to see the new name ;)

    Have a nice week!!! xx

    ReplyDelete